Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summer Fog


The fog is quite a phenomenon in San Francisco, specially in the summer months, when everyone expects nice warm weather in California. Yet, you can always see the fog rolling in from the Pacific. Within a few minutes the temperature falls, the sky turns white, and a hush settles over the city. It's spooky. 

Der Nebel in San Francisco ist ein echtes Phänomen. Besonders in den Sommermonaten, wenn jeder schönes, warmes Wetter in Kalifornien erwarten würde, sieht man den Nebel vom Pazifik hereinrollen. Innerhalb weniger Minuten fällt die Temperatur, der Himmel wird weiß und alles scheint stiller zu werden. Es ist gespenstisch. 




On a nice clear day I'm always amazed when I drive over the Bay Bridge and see the city ahead. 



Moreover, I love driving on the really steep streets of the city. It always reminds me of the 1970s police drama "The Streets of San Francisco," which I watched when I was a teenager. 



No comments:

Post a Comment