Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Wild West

Over Easter I went to Santa Fe, New Mexico. I was really impressed by this quaint city, especially by the shops with Western clothes. What a pleasure. I was so excited that I could not resist getting a pair of vintage cowboy boots for myself. They are so great, that I had to make a drawing of them. The shop where I bought them carried hundreds of used cowboy boots in amazing colors and styles. Some of them were very expensive, although some were already falling apart. One of the salesmen told me that some boots cost up to $5,000 when they are new. Even when they are old and used, collectors still pay about $1,000 for them. Wow! 

Über Ostern war ich in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Ich war wirklich beeindruckt von der malerischen Kleinstadt, besonders von den vielen Geschäften mit Cowboy Zeugs. Die wahre Freude. Ich habe mich sogar dazu hinreißen lassen ein Paar gebrauchte Cowboy Stiefel zu kaufen. Sie gefallen mir so gut, daß ich sie zeichnen mußte. Das Geschäft, wo ich sie gekauft habe, hatte Hunderte von gebrauchten Stiefeln in allen Farben und Formen. Manche waren unglaublich teuer, obwohl sie halb auseinander fielen. Einer der Verkäufer erzählte mir, daß manche Stiefel in neuem Zustand bis zu 5000 Dollar kosten und selbst wenn sie alt und gebraucht sind zahlen manche Sammler noch 1000 Dollar dafür. Verrückt. 





No comments:

Post a Comment